Oh the things we can accomplish in fifteen minutes.
- Take a walk around the block.
- Boil water and cook noodles.
- Hit the snooze button and go back to sleep. Twice.
- Have a great phone conversation with a friend.
- Browse Twitter and Facebook feeds.
- Play CandyLand with an eager kid.
- Read a chapter of good fiction novel.
- Take a shower. And those really good at time management (who also rock the wet-head look) can shower, get dressed, throw on some lip gloss, and head out the door in that same amount of time.
There are many things we can accomplish in fifteen minutes, yes?
Fifteen minutes is also 1% of our day, and 1% each day adds up to ninety hours in a year. If we commit to spending that fifteen minutes well, we then can create a positive daily habit — a testimony how doing a little each day can turn into something very worthwhile.
This Lent, The Well is teaming up with The Evangelical Catholic, Inc. and proposing something to do each day with fifteen minutes. It’s called the 1% Challenge™ and it’s an opportunity to intentionally spend fifteen minutes each day in God’s presence — reading, reflecting, responding, and resting with his Word.
We invite you to join us as we launch this daily prayer movement and create schools of prayer within our larger community. During each week of Lent, we will share brief inspirational emails and podcasts featuring Katie Patrizio that will teach and encourage as we seek to grow in prayer.
One percent. Fifteen minutes. Six weeks. No charge. Together, we can do this!
If you are ready to join The Well’s 1% Challenge™ and experience a prayerful Lent, simply complete the form here to indicate your desire and commitment to seek the Lord every day.