Save the date for Advent at The Well, an evening of reflection on Tuesday, December 6, 2016. The planning team is still finalizing details, but here’s what we know.
- Tuesday, December 6 – the Feast of St. Nicholas.
- The event will be held at the Windsor Heights Community Center, just west of Des Moines with easy access off I-235.
- Doors open at 6:45 PM.
- The theme of the evening is “Just Give Me Jesus.” Think simple – a few hours to rest our souls, connect with friends, and center our minds on Jesus as we journey through Advent. Emily Schmid, who provided a beautiful soundtrack for our summer gathering, will once again lead us in praise and worship music. Katie Patrizio will give the keynote talk (bios shared below).
- It’s a “BYOM” event. A what? BYOM – bring your own mug! You bring your favorite mug and we’ll fill it with a hot beverage.
- “Well-inspired” mugs can be purchased during the event. Proceeds from all mug sales go toward The Well’s ongoing evangelical efforts. More details on the mugs coming soon.
- Programming for Advent at The Well ends at 9:00 PM. Women who want to enjoy extended, unstructured conversation can do so until 9:30 PM.
- This is a no-charge event; a free will offering will be collected.
- You must RSVP through an online system that will go live soon. Please stay tuned for details. In the meantime, save the date and spread the word.