Save the date for Advent at The Well, an evening of reflection on Tuesday, December 6, 2016. The planning team is still finalizing details, but here’s what we know.
- Tuesday, December 6 – the Feast of St. Nicholas.
- The event will be held at the Windsor Heights Community Center, just west of Des Moines with easy access off I-235.
- Doors open at 6:45 PM.
- The theme of the evening is “Just Give Me Jesus.” Think simple – a few hours to rest our souls, connect with friends, and center our minds on Jesus as we journey through Advent. Emily Schmid, who provided a beautiful soundtrack for our summer gathering, will once again lead us in praise and worship music. Katie Patrizio will give the keynote talk (bios shared below).
- It’s a “BYOM” event. A what? BYOM – bring your own mug! You bring your favorite mug and we’ll fill it with a hot beverage.
- “Well-inspired” mugs can be purchased during the event. Proceeds from all mug sales go toward The Well’s ongoing evangelical efforts. More details on the mugs coming soon.
- Programming for Advent at The Well ends at 9:00 PM. Women who want to enjoy extended, unstructured conversation can do so until 9:30 PM.
- This is a no-charge event; a free will offering will be collected.
- You must RSVP through an online system that will go live soon. Please stay tuned for details. In the meantime, save the date and spread the word.
Speaker Bios for Advent at The Well
Author: Lisa Schmidt
Lisa Schmidt, founder of The Well, is wife to Joel, mom to four, and fan of all things Cyclones, Cubs, dark roast coffee, black and white photography, AND the Oxford comma! Lisa has a foot in two Des Moines parishes; Joel is a deacon at the Basilica of St. John and their children attend school at St. Pius X. Lisa enjoys living the liturgical year in her home, praying through praise and worship music, and gathering with family and friends for coffee and conversation.