Registration is now open for Advent at The Well. Details follow.
- Tuesday, December 6 – the Feast of St. Nicholas.
- The event will be held at the Windsor Heights Community Center, just west of Des Moines with easy access off I-235.
- Doors open at 6:45 PM. Programming for Advent at The Well ends at 9:00 PM. Women wanting to enjoy extended, unstructured conversation can do so until 9:30 PM.
- The theme of the evening is “Just Give Me Jesus.” Think simple – a few hours to rest our souls, connect with friends, and center our minds on Jesus as we journey through Advent. Emily Schmid, who provided a beautiful soundtrack for the 2016 Summer at The Well gathering, will once again lead us in praise and worship music. Katie Patrizio will give the keynote talk. Speaker bios available here.
- It’s a “BYOM” event. A what? BYOM – bring your own mug! You bring your favorite mug and we’ll fill it with a hot beverage. Thanks to Amanda Underhill and Katie Wallin, two local women gifted with mad culinary skills, we’ll have some sweet treats such as biscotti and tea cookies as well.
- “Well-inspired” mugs can be purchased for the event. Proceeds from all mug sales go toward the 2017 Summer at The Well gathering. To order your mug, keep on reading. Details shared below.
- A free will offering will be collected to help with The Well’s ongoing evangelization efforts.
When Rachel Brown floated the idea of Smokey Row Coffee Co. sponsoring Advent at The Well, it immediately felt like a great fit given their Des Moines location has been home for many of our planning meetings. And oh yes, we do love sipping their delicious coffee inside their hip cafe! We are excited to announce Smokey Row is providing and preparing all the coffee for our event as well as helping with some behind the scene details. We are elated to add this local business to our sponsorship roster and are grateful for their generosity.
We are selling mugs for the Advent at The Well event. Our beautiful image is wrapped around the entire mug, perfect for right-handed and left-handed mug holders. Take the opportunity while sipping your favorite beverage to place yourself in the scene from John 4:4 with Jesus and the woman at the well. You might even consider using this mug as a gift to evangelize. Slip in a “save the date” card to the 2017 Summer at The Well gathering (date will be revealed during the Advent event) and invite a special friend to attend with you. Or, fill the mug with tea bags and chocolates and gift to a teacher or volunteer.
Mugs cost $18 each. Supplies are limited. The only way to pre-order your mug and have it available for pick-up at Advent at The Well is to download this order form here and follow the purchasing instructions detailed on the form. Kudos and a huge thank you to Mary Tice for spearheading this project. Please email all questions about the mugs to Mary at [email protected].
The Registration Process
Finally, let’s get on with the information you really want, right? To register for Advent at The Well, click on over here to reserve your seat. You must RSVP as space is limited.
Author: Lisa Schmidt
Lisa Schmidt, founder of The Well, is wife to Joel, mom to four, and fan of all things Cyclones, Cubs, dark roast coffee, black and white photography, AND the Oxford comma! Lisa has a foot in two Des Moines parishes; Joel is a deacon at the Basilica of St. John and their children attend school at St. Pius X. Lisa enjoys living the liturgical year in her home, praying through praise and worship music, and gathering with family and friends for coffee and conversation.