Lent is over but the podcast continues! New episodes of The Water Jar will be added once a month, and you’ll continue hearing from familiar voices such as Lisa Schmidt, Katie Patrizio, and Rachel Brown. We’ll also introduce new voices from other women involved with The Well who are ready and willing to share how Jesus is working in their lives.
Next up, Podcast 7: Creativity with guest Christine Hilbert.
The first five words of the Bible: In the beginning, God created. We, made in the image and likeness of God, are also called to create. In this episode, Christine Hilbert, the artist who painted The Well’s signature image, joins Lisa. Rachel Brown also debuts her new, regular segment.
Christine Hilbert, a mixed media painter and jewelry designer based in Winterset, Iowa. She combines vintage treasures of all kinds to create artwork and jewelry that echoes the past. Christine earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Iowa State University and studied painting at the Savannah College of Art & Design. She was the Artist in Residence for Ballet Des Moines Winter 2016 season and also designs for her accessory line, Bean & the Sprout. Christine is married to Jeremy and together they have two energetic and adorable boys and are also expecting baby number three in June.
Tune in to The Water Jar by clicking the play arrow below. You can also subscribe to our iTunes channel and listen via the Apple Podcast app.
- Explore Christine’s work at her website: www.christinehilbert.com.
- Read Theodore Roosevelt’s Man in the Arena quote here.
- Watch Elizabeth Gilbert’s Your Elusive Creative Genius TED Talk here.
- Learn more about the Created book by Cory Heimann. Cory interviewed over fifty Catholic Creatives and the book is a beautiful collection of their responses.
- It’s easy to be critical; it takes courage to create. Here’s Fr. Mike Schmitz’ The Problem with Criticism.
- Isn’t our theme song perfect? It’s The Well by J.J. Heller.
Thoughts on the show? What creative endeavors bring you joy? Inspire us! Let us know how you are creating and cultivating meaning in your life by commenting below, over at Facebook, or via email at [email protected]
Copyright The Well, 2018. All rights reserved.
Author: The Well
Bringing women together | Fostering spiritual friendships | Strengthening the community